Ok, I admit it. At first, I didn’t like Twitter.
I didn’t ‘get it.
It was so random and noisy compared to Facebook and LinkedIn.
But then, slowly, I started to learn/do things that allowed me to see the value of Twitter:
1. I started to follow quality people and groups who put-out good content. Some of these people and groups were local, some regional, and some national. Some of the people I follow are specialists who share info on one topic (community, development, insurance, weather, politics, motivation, business, sales, education, current events, sports, etc). Other people ‘tweet’ on a variety of subjects.
2. I started searching by topic and that cut-out the clutter.
3. I started using and paying attention to #hashtags.
4. I started to ”re-tweet” good content and, as a result, more and more of my tweets were re-tweeted.
5. I started to use Twitter to get real-time reaction on live events. Ex: Presidential debate, Super Bowl, etc.
6. I “un-followed” negative people. This is not to be confused with people who challenge the status quo. There is a big difference.
7. I started to comment on and “favorite” the tweets of others.
Below are 32 people / groups in the Rockford area who are killin’ it on Twitter. Disclaimer: there are many others more that are not on this list but should be. Please let me know who else should be on this list. That being said, my list of 32 is a good start - these folks put-out good content and are not afraid to “re-tweet” the good content of others.
Again, this is, by no means a complete list of everyone who is doing a good job in the Rockford area on Twitter. So, help me. Who am I missing?
Who do you follow on Twitter because they put-out good content?
Thanks for reading!
“Rockford’s Insurance Coach”
Eckburg & Bates Insurance Agency
(815) 979-4045 Twitter: @FrankHaney_Biz Email: Frank@FrankHaney.Biz
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. There is no legal advice being suggested or offered. The author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon the above-mentioned information.