I was elected to the Rock Valley College Board in April of 2013 and served as Board Chairman in 2014 and 2015. Below is a list of partnerships that the Rock Valley College Board and administration helped make happen during my time on the board. I am honored to have been a member of this team.
1. Aviation Maintenance Program Expansion. Expanded our Aviation Maintenance Program; the critical workforce component in landing AAR, a large maintenance and repair organization (MRO). …Enrollment in this program has tripled.
2. GED Task Force. Advocated for a community-wide discussion on how we can better work together to solve the Region’s GED Crisis (46,000 Winnebago County residents without a high school diploma or equivalency).
3. RVC Downtown. Partnered with the RRSTAR for a location downtown with expanded programming. Enrollment has quadrupled.
4. Techworks. Partnered with the Rockford Area Economic Development Council on having RVC take-on Techworks, a fast-track manufacturing program. This is part of the college’s commitment to career and technical education. Enrollment in Techworks has tripled.
5. RVC – OSF Nursing Partnership. Partnered with OSF to offer students a 2-year nursing degree via RVC as well as a 4 and 6-year nursing degree on RVC’s campus. Enrollment has increased.
6. RVC, NIU, Woodward, UTAS, & RAEDC Engineering Partnership. Partnered with NIU, Woodward, Transform Rockford, and the Rockford Area Economic Development Council to offer students a 2-year pre-engineering degree via RVC as well as a 4 and 6-year engineering degree on RVC’s campus. Mechanical engineering enrollment has tripled.