Brand = How people perceive you.
Brand = What you are known for.
Brand = What you stand for.
Some Thoughts on Building Your Social Brand:
Intentionally Grow & Communicate
1. The best way to build a strong social brand is to commit to continuous growth.
2. Share your growth experiences with others vial social media.
3. Wrong approach – Attempt to build your social brand (or your network) when you need something (job, hire, help, etc.)
4. Right approach - Build a social brand (an network) slowly and methodically overtime.
- I do it all on FB = Personal, family, politics, business, community, etc.
- My goal is content balance and engagement.
- Be a “go-to” person for ideas (my ideas + ideas of others – retweets)
- At first, I didn’t get Twitter. Now, I love it.
- Tell YOUR story.
- Add value.
- Be the 1%. Even though most everyone is one Facebook, few people actually blog.
9. Let people in.
- Some of the people I find most engaging are the ones who are authentic. They are real people with real problems and real flaws. They are multi-dimensional and they are let people see it.
10. Your personal brand and your company brand are not in competition.
- They feed off each other.
- They compliment one another.
- People buy people. Most business is relationship-driven.
11. Don’t let a misstep define or deter you.
- Own it. Learn from it. When appropriate, share the lessons learned. Blog about it.
- Too many people are paralyzed by the self-limiting concept of perfection. Ironically, they only apply this principle on themselves.
12. Don’t be linear in your thinking.
- Some relationships start off-line and grow on-line.
- Some relationships start on-line and grow off-line.
13. I am a student and user of social media - not an expert.
- If I have learned nothing else about social branding it is this: don’t wait until you have it all figured out to start……. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
How are you building your social brand?
Thanks for reading!
Rockford’s Insurance Coach
Cell: (815) 979-4045 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @FrankHaney_Biz
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. There is no legal advice being suggested or offered. The author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon the above-mentioned information.