Elected Rock Valley College Board of Trustees (2013)
- Appointed to Human Resources Committee (April, 2013)
- Appointed to Ad-Hoc Recruiting / Communications Committee (June, 2013)
- Appointed to Presidential Search Committee (December, 2013)
- Elected Board Chair (2014, 2015)
As an RVC Trustee, I have served on a team that:
- Is responsible for an approx. $80 million operating budget.
- Hired an outstanding CEO.
- Overhauled board policies.
- Adopted Board Strategic Initiatives that became the starting point for the college’s strategic plan.
- Hosted community feedback sessions with multiple stake-holder groups.
- Expanded our Aviation Maintenance Program; the critical workforce component in landing AAR, a large maintenance and repair organization (MRO).
- Advocated for a community-wide discussion on how we can better work together to solve the Region’s GED Crisis.
- Partnered with the RRSTAR for a location downtown with expanded programming.
- Partnered with the Rockford Area Economic Development Council on Techworks, a fast-track manufacturing program.
- Partnered with OSF to offer students a 2-year nursing degree via RVC as well as a 4 and 6-year nursing degree on RVC’s campus.
- Partnered with NIU, Woodward, Transform Rockford, and the Rockford Area Economic Development Council to offer students a 2-year pre-engineering degree via RVC as well as a 4 and 6-year engineering degree on RVC’s campus.
- Increased outreach and connectivity with the community. Examples include increased student recruiting efforts, website redesign, and new approaches in social media, digital and traditional marketing.
- Supported efforts to improve customer service and efficiencies in the registration process.
- Past Peer-Elected Facilitator (October 2012 – September 2014)
- Strategy Team (2011 – Present)
- Member (2005-present)
Transform Rockford Volunteer
Rockford Area Economic Development Council Board of Directors (Next Rockford representative)
Rockford Area Economic Development Council Attracting & Retaining Talent Committee (ARTRA)
Carpenter’s Place Board of Directors
YMCA Strong Kids Campaign Volunteer
Red Cross Campaign Volunteer
Next Rockford Boots & Coats Drive
Next Rockford Business Environment Committee
Boys and Girls Club Little League Coach
Saint James Catholic Church Home & School Past President